2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins Recipe

When I saw this recipe on Budget101.com I thought "ya right". Usually if it seems too simple to be true it ends up being a bust. I'm happy to report that these were CRAZY simple to make and even better....DIRT CHEAP!

Here's my price breakdown (I got everything at Food Basics because I was already there):
  • One box of cake mix Selections brand (the recipe calls for yellow but I grabbed white by mistake and it worked fine. You could also use spice or chocolate mix for some extra pizzaz!)$1.25
  • One can of Stokely Pumpkin (these cans are 14.5oz which was close enough to the called for 15oz for me) $1.19
  • Baking cups 99cents
  • Total= $3.43 and the recipe yielded me 24 medium sized muffins= 14cents per serving (or thereabouts) You could even cut this down by not using baking cups and/or stocking up on cake mix and pumpkin when its on sale!
To make all you have to do is mix together the dry cake mix and the can of pumpkin until they are well blended. Portion into muffin tins and bake at 350degrees for 20-25 minutes! Easy peasy!

Now its your turn to help me....what is the best way to go about freezing these??????? Feel free to  leave your tips in a comment below or on my Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment