Filling the Freezer: Muffins

I've had some frozen Europes Best Fruit in the freezer since the last time it was on sale (and extra cheap with coupon), that I couldn't decide what to do with. The kids weren't diggin smoothies and didn't like them on ice cream so they have just been waiting for me to be inspired.

There was a recipe for blueberry muffins on the back of the Bisquick box so I figured today was the perfect day to try! Loved them so much I also made another batch but put chocolate chips in instead of the fruit and while I was at it finished off the box with some biscuits to go with the chili I was making for dinner. YUM! Now I have a great assortment of muffin in the freezer (in conjunction with the 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins from earlier this week) and can tackle some freezer entrees next week.

Muffins Recipe:
2cups Bisquick Mix
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil (which I didn't have so I melted 2 tbsp of margerine and it worked fine)
1 egg
3/4 cup blueberries (or this is where I substituted for mixed fruit and then chocolate chips) Do not thaw frozen fruit

Heat oven to 400degrees. Stir all ingredients except fruit just until moistened. Gently stir in fruit. Divide among cups. Bake 13-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 muffins.

Biscuit Recipe:
2 cups Bisquick Mix
1/2cup milk
Heat oven to 450degrees. Stir ingredients until soft dough forms. Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix, roll to coat. Shape into ball. Knead 10 times. Roll into 1/2inch thickness and cut with knife dipped in Bisquick mix. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 6-8 minutes. Make approx. 8 biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment